The BlackCat Transit Data Management System® is a flexible and robust hosted grant and data management system specifically designed and tailored for the state transportation industry. The application is a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) core product with a variety of best practice developed features and components that allow for quick configuration, implementation, and utilization. The overall product workflows are modular and scalable, and can be quickly adapted to certain changes such as the constantly evolving FTA and NTD requirements. The data is collected and maintained in a granular format that enhances the ability to search, sort, or export data precisely and meaningfully.
The complete system includes workflows or modules to handle the following elements or activities:
- System access controlled by DOT
- Organization (or Agency) profiles for demographic and agency related data collection
- Federal and state grant/funding program profiles
- Grant profiles, award amounts, dollar distribution, spend-down, and balances
- Contact and user management features with granular administrative access controls
- Project or ‘needs’ development, planning, and prioritization
- Application creation, development, and submission
- Application review, scoring, and approval (award)
- Allocation of funds to specific projects including the multiple source funding and matching
- Contract and amendment development, template creation, encumbrance, spend-down, and balances
- Electronic Signature (e-Signature) Delivery Capability (optional)
- Invoice (reimbursement request) submission, review, and integration (as warranted)
- Payment information intake (either manual or automated)
- Inbound reporting including budget, expense, ridership, National Transit Database (NTD), and milestone reporting
- Asset inventory profiles, fleet management, useful life monitoring, disposal management, transfer processing, and archiving
- Transit Asset Management (TAM) performance measures development (optional)
- State of Good Repair forecasting (optional)
- Oversight or compliance management and document retention (optional)
- Letter of Intent / Auto-Registration (optional)
- Important Documents (optional)
- Document collection, storage, categorization, and expiration management
- Customized output reporting and data exports
- Ad-hoc reporting capabilities
- Project, contract, and grant closeout procedures
- Configurable email notification creation and tracking system
- Activity and status change logging system
- Onsite training, web-based training and support, and tailored training guides
- Assigned project manager, monthly status meetings, version and maintenance updates
- A manned call center providing proactive online support to active users
BlackCat utilizes a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) core system that is robust, flexible and tailored to meet all of your needs.
BlackCat can create, track and record any certifications or reporting needs for the granter and sub-recipients.
BlackCat increases efficiency by reducing the need for data entry, particularly for the Granter personnel.
This Panther Won't Bite!
If you would like to learn how our systems, staff, services, and strategies can help you and your team, please select the 'Request A Demo' button to contact us. We will contact you directly to discuss your current challenges and to provide you with a demonstration of our systems and capabilities.